Premade and Custom Book Cover Design
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are included with every invoice. Payment constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The client acknowledges he/she owns the copyright and holds the necessary publishing rights for the materials to be used in any projects that will include designs created by Melony Paradise.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Melony Paradise from any and all copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials Client provides.
All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by Melony Paradise to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
- Upon receipt of final payment, the Client has limited, non-transferable rights to use design for intended ebook and print book.
- Artwork and design may not be sold, reused, or used out of context.
- Unaltered, finished book cover design may be used/included on promotional merchandise, provided the usage is in accordance with the rights and limitations of the licensing agreement of the stock image provider(s). Please read below for more information regarding licensing.
- Melony Paradise maintains full rights and ownership of all original artwork and cover design.
- The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she must consult Melony Paradise. The client understands that additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
- The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by Melony Paradise through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book cover design. The cost of cover design includes the standard license to use these images in the design and is limited to a print run of 250,000 – 500,000 units, depending on the provider. For books with a print run over these limits, additional licensing fees may apply. Client is responsible for educating themselves of the licensing terms for third-party images providers. Links to providers available upon request.
- Custom cover design package prices include the cost of standard stock images from websites such as Depositphotos. Premium stock images and extended licenses are not included in package prices. Client is responsible for the cost of premium stock images and/or extended licenses.
- Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs and they cannot be distributed in any manner other than in the book cover design.
- Melony Paradise retains the right to use client’s final book cover design, name, and book title in Melony’s portfolio and to market and promote her services. Melony Paradise retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
Melony Paradise requires cover design credit appear in client’s book (digital and print) as such: “Cover design by Melony Paradise”
Client is responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by Melony Paradise. At no time will Melony Paradise be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
Payment & Delivery
- For premade book cover designs: Premade book cover designs must be paid for in full before revisions will be made. Melony Paradise will send an invoice via Paypal, due upon receipt.
- For custom book cover designs: Upon approval of final design, Melony Paradise will send an invoice via Paypal, due upon receipt. During the design process, mock-ups and drafts will be sent to the Client in low-resolution, watermarked files. Client agrees not to share unfinished design on public forums, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Melony Paradise will not release finished files to the client until final payment has been received. The final payment is also final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated. Finished files will be delivered via email after full payment has been received.
- Either Melony Paradise or the Client may terminate the project. Notice must be given by email.
- If Client cancels the project before work has started, no further expenses will be owed. If work has begun on the project, the remaining balance will be owed.
- In the event that Melony Paradise cancels the project before the work has started, the Client will receive a full refund of any payments already received. If work has begun on the project, no further expenses will be owed.
- If cover is not approved within 7 days of final proof being delivered, the project will be considered terminated and the remaining balance will be due.
- If the project is terminated for any reason, the files stay with Melony Paradise to be used or discarded at her discretion.
- Client agrees Melony Paradise is not liable for damages of any kind, including loss of revenues, profits, business, reputation, or data, in any way related to her services.
- Client agrees Melony Paradise is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or inaccuracies once the design has been approved.
- Client agrees Melony Paradise is not responsible for missed deadlines due to Client’s request for additional changes.
- Client acknowledges that estimated delivery dates may change at any time due to illness, family emergency, act of nature, etc. Melony Paradise will make a good faith effort to contact the Client via email in order to agree upon a new project completion date.
Code of Fair Practice
Melony Paradise acknowledges that to the best of her knowledge, the work prepared is an original creation and has not been previously published and/or consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis.
Acceptance of Terms
- Payment and acceptance of payment constitutes agreement of these terms and conditions.